Obi Chan Shinobi san!

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Bonus day off!

On Monday I decided to take Tuesday off as annual leave. I was expecting a stormy rain filled day and was not relishing the idea of walking Snoz at 6am before work. I had plans to batten down the hatches and play indoors then cozy up in some blankets. I'd planned a walk with minimal mud for the puppy dog (translation: town and concrete walk) and was expecting a bit of a slog.

To my surprise I awoke to a beautiful blue skied sunny day! We decided to sleep in until around 9am (we never sleep in this late anymore; our Dartmoor trek must have really taken it out of us!) Then we had a slow relaxing morning with the sun lighting up the flat. I never get mornings during the week; it's dark when I wake up, a frantic 20 minute rush to attempt to look like a functioning human and to let Snoz's breakfast go down, and then usually a rushed hour walk before I (usually run) to catch my train to work. I have grown to really appreciate mornings that are my own.

At 11am the dog was fed up with my laziness and demanded we get outside. We ended up doing a 3 and half hour walk. It began with our usual walk along Penryn beach and then we waded across the mud flats and through the reeds to pick up the coastal path that leads to Flushing. When Shinobi realised where we were going she literally started jumping for joy! (And also biting my ankles, a sure sign of excitment *grumble.)

We walked the really long way round; a walk that winds right around Flushing, across Farmer's fields and through woods. The majority of the walk can be actually on the beach though (dependant on the tide) and this is what we did today, Snoz paddling her way around. At one point we got a little cut off by the tide and ended up climbing up a waterfall to escape the beach and rejoin the coast path!

Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera (because it's huge and heavy and I definitely would have cracked the lense from all the climbing and skidding in the mud).

We're home now and the temperature has suddenly dropped. I'm planning to give Snoz a bath later because she rolled in a lot of seaweed and smells like a fish but first we're taking a little nap.


Note Shinobi's clever use of the Sofa throw to create her own little den.



No comments:

Post a Comment